Honeywell CO2 Detector alarm
The SF450EN is an easy to use and reliable self-contained Carbon Monoxide alarm. Designed for use in all domestic environments such as homes, caravans and boats.
The most widely installed CO detector in the UK - nearly 2,000,000 units can be found in homes throughout the land. The most highly recommended carbon monoxide detector in the UK.
You cant see it, smell it or taste it (but can avoid)
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that is produced when any fossil fuel such as gas, coal, oil or wood is burnt without enough oxygen.
If your gas appliance is faulty, or there is not enough ventilation in the room, carbon monoxide may be produced.
The warning signs – the dangers to look out for:
Orange or yellow gas flames. Gas flames should be blue.
Sooty stains or discolouration on or around gas appliances.
Increased levels of condensation in the room where the gas appliance is installed.
Fumes or smoke in the house.
Slower than usual burning of solid- fuels fires.
Symptons of CO poisoning:
Protect yourself with a quality carbon monoxide detector from SF Detection (Honeywell)
Our model (the SF450EN) will alert you to the danger if carbon monoxide is present. You can be particularly at risk from CO poisoning your asleep, because you may not be aware of any symptoms until its too late. An audible CO detector could wake you up and save your life!
To fully protect you and your family you need to install a CO detector and regularly have your gas appliances maintained by a CORGI register gas engineer.
Follow the following steps if you detect a carbon monoxide gas leak in your home:
Turn off the faulty appliance (you will need to get it checked out by a CORGI registered engineer)
Switch off your gas supply by control valve (if you know were it is)
Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
Phone the National Gas Emergency number on: 0800111999
Visit your doctor urgently and advise him that your symptoms may be related to CO poisoning and request a blood and/ or breath sample is taken.
Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning could save your life…
Typical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to ‘flu’: nausea, dizziness, tiredness, headaches, stomach and chest pains. If you experience these symptoms but feel better when you are outside or away from an appliance you could be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
What can you do to prevent carbon monoxide?
Always make sure you have enough fresh air in the room
Ensure chimneys or flues are not blocked up and air vents are not covered.
Make sure that gas appliances are serviced regularly by a CORGI registered engineer
Buy an audible carbon monoxide detector.